This is one of our advanced workshops, and requires registrants to have attended the following basic workshop offered by our training team within the last 6 months:
Prerequisite FAQ - I am fluent in R but have not attended the HBC prerequisite workshop, can I still register?
Yes, you can register but please do the following:
- Complete the registration first
- Then email us directly at email@example.com with a description of your knowledge/experience. **Failure to do this step may prevent you from being eligible to our advanced workshop.**
Who should attend?
Eligible* Harvard researchers who have attended our Introduction to R workshop (or have working knowledge of R), and want to learn:
- How to perform a differential expression analysis at the gene-level
- How to effectively use R to get your data in the appropriate format for DE analysis
- The steps and statistical approaches used in assessing the quality of your abundance estimates (count data)
- How to visualize expression patterns for differentially expressed genes
- How to perform functional analysis on gene lists with R-based tools
Cost and Registration:
There is a non-refundable and non-transferable $50 registration fee for this online workshop.
We will be accepting 35-45 participants on a first-come, first-served basis:
- If you are one of the first 35-45 eligible* registrants, you will receive an email within 1 week with a link to pay the (non-refundable & non-transferable) $50 registration fee.
- If you are not among the first 35-45 eligible* registrants, you will be added to the waitlist and notified when we open registration for the next iteration of this workshop.
NOTE: You will not have a reserved seat for this workshop until you pay the registration fee. Please make sure you pay within the time stated in that email, else you will lose your spot to someone on the waitlist.
* To be eligible to attend this workshop you should fulfill at least one of the following criteria:
- Harvard Medical School researcher in a lab on the Quad, with grants administered by Gordon Hall
- Harvard School of Dental Medicine researcher, with grants administered by Gordon Hall
- Graduate student at the Harvard Medical School
- Researcher affiliated with the Dana-Farber / Harvard Cancer Center (DF/HCC).
- Harvard researcher whose PI is associated with the HSCI as Principal or Affiliated faculty
If you are unsure of your eligibility, please register anyways and we will get back to you.Click here to register!
Registration is closed
(Registration will open 3 weeks prior to first day of the workshop)
NOTE: We do * not * record our training sessions.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.