- Go to Admin >> Manage Sets and Jobs and click on Manage Sets
- Click on the My Sets tab
- Click on Add Sets, then choose Itemized Set
- Add a General Description for your set:
- Set Name (REQUIRED) must be unique and useful for finding your set in a list
- Description does not display in the lists of sets; adds context about what is in that set and why
- Note does not display; use for any additional notes about that set
- Set Content Type (REQUIRED) is the type of records that will be in your set; this will limit what can be done with the set and determine the search bar you see when you want to add items to your set
A set can only contain one content type
- Private - Sets default to Yes when created; toggle a set to No to share it with other Harvard users
- Active - This doesn't seem to affect much, but leave it set to Active
- Add Contents to Set. You can add contents to an itemized set in two ways:
- Add Contents from File to Set: upload a file containing identifiers to populate the set. Files must be text (.txt or .csv) or Excel (.xls or .xlsx), and should contain one column with the correct header at the top. You can only upload a file to create a set once - after that, you can only add individual items to the set, or create a second set with a file and combine the sets (see instructions below).
- It is also possible to add the results of an Analytics report to a set.
- See the Ex Libris KnowledgeBase for a complete set of content types and headers.
- Add Members to Set: perform repository searches to select individual items (members) to add to the set.
- Search with the primary and secondary search fields, then limit by the facets on the left.
- Select items by clicking in the tickybox to the left of the title.
- Once you've selected the items you want from a page of results, click Add Selected. Do not go to the next page of results until you've added items from that page - Alma can't add from multiple search results pages at once.
- When you're done adding members to the set, click on Done. This saves your set and returns you to the Manage Sets page.
- You can Save your set without adding contents first by clicking Save. This returns you to the Manage Sets page.