- View and create activities in your course as well as events and personal reminders; you can also filter the calendar view to only see specific calendars
- Quickly add Assignments to a blank course. Fill in the details of those Assignments later
- Adjust the dates of Assignments that have been imported from previous terms. Canvas makes it easy to drag and drop events across multiple months
- Copy the iCal feed for all of your courses and import it to your preferred personal Calendar, such as Google or Outlook
- Schedule appointments with students using the Scheduler
The Syllabus makes it easy to communicate to your students exactly what will be required of them throughout the course in chronological order. You can also set the syllabus as your course home page. At the top of the syllabus page you can post your course description, a brief introduction, class guidelines, weekly reminders, and other important information. You can copy and paste or create text directly in the Rich Content Editor.
Click the Edit button at the top right of the page to create a syllabus description.
You can also link to your syllabus by uploading it into Course Files as a PDF and linking it in the content selector. Canvas will automatically create a preview of your document so your students don't have to download it before reading it.
The syllabus table is automatically generated based on Assignments and Events within a course. It can only be changed by editing or deleting the Assignments or Events. All assignments (unpublished and published) are listed in the syllabus for instructors.
For step-by-step instructions on how to use the Syllabus, visit: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-4131#jive_content_id_Syllabus
The Calendar helps keeps students and instructors on schedule and up-to-date.
- The Calendar is used for reminding students of graded Assignments with specific due dates. To provide students with detailed descriptions of how class time will be used, consider using Pages or customizing the Course Home Page.
- The Calendar automatically syncs with other features in Canvas, such as Assignments, Syllabus, and Grades, so if you create, change, or delete the due date of an Assignment on the Calendar, it will show up in all the others and vice versa. You can change dates easily by dragging and dropping assignments from one date to another.
- The Calendar in Canvas is a global feature, meaning you can see all of your assignments from all of your courses in one place. If your Calendar becomes too crowded, you can filter the number of events listed on your Calendar by selecting or deselecting courses in the Sidebar.
- The Calendar is designed to display up to 10 calendars at any given time. To help manage user calendars, courses customized in the courses drop-down menu as a favorite course will always be listed at the top of the user’s calendar list in the calendar sidebar.
For step-by-step instructions on how to use the Calendar, visit https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-4131#jive_content_id_Calendar