Amazon’s global initiative to provide students and educators with the resources needed to accelerate cloud-related learning and help prepare students for a cloud-enabled workplace.
AWS Educate provides:
- grant-based support for educators and students.
- content on the Cloud contributed by top educators and AWS to help you build your courses.
- training materials to help you skill up on AWS.
- collaboration tools such as a discussion forums, events, and places to upload and rate content
- credits to access AWS services for free.
What do you need
An AWS Account, if you don't have one then go here http://aws.amazon.com/getting-started/ .
- You are an educator or a student.
What do you get
- Educators in an institute (like Harvard) will get 200$ credit.
- Students in an institute (like Harvard) will get 100$ credit.
How to Apply for AWS Educate Credit for use in your AWS Account
Pick one of the three available options :
Educational Institutions: Should be applied by Harvard HUIT.
Educators: A professor, TA or a teacher (I will use this category as an example).
- Click on the Educators and on the following screen make sure to hit the educator box.
- Fill out the application
- AWS will send an email to the email address you provide in the application to verify that your email is valid and you own this email. The Email will include a verification code that you will your to continue the process.
- Use the verification code to continue the application process.
- Accept the terms and submit the form.
- AWS will send you an email
- Upon approved , AWS will send another Email with a credit code to be used (marked in red below).
Credit numbers and codes are random and not real in this documentation
Redeem your AWS Educate Credit in your AWS Account
- Login to your AWS account management console as root or privileged user .
- On the top right click on your username account -> Billing and cost management
- On the left tab click on the "credits"
- the credit page will look like
- Insert the "credit code" (PC17C122FMRFNXY, the one you get in AWS Educate approval email) in the "Promo code".
- Click redeem and the credit will be applied to your account.
- Check the complete list of AWS services you allowed to use educate credit for