When a requested item is discharged in Aleph, by default the system automatically activates the next hold request and emails the patron that the item is available. In some cases it may be preferable to prevent the hold from being activated automatically, for example if it may be some time before the item can be placed on the hold shelf for patron pickup. It is possible to turn this behavior off for specific workstations.
How to turn off automatic hold activation:
- Exit all Aleph client modules.
- In Windows File Explorer, go to the C:\AL50022\Circ\tab folder and open the GuiSys.ini file in Notepad.
(Note: there are several files called GuiSys.ini in different Aleph folders – make sure you're in the right one!)
- Find the line "ShowHoldList=Y" and change the Y to N.
- Find the line "ShowRecallMessage=Y" and change the Y to N.
- Save the file (Ctrl-S), exit, and start Aleph again.
Note: In order to activate the next hold request and notify the patron, the item must be discharged again on a workstation that is not configured as above.