Relais' new hosted database environment requires the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Native Client driver to be present when creating the Relais ODBC. To verify that this driver exists on your local workstation/server please perform the following:
- From the Windows Control Panel -> Administrative Tools select Database Sources (ODBC). The ODBC Data Source Administrator window will display.
- Select the System DSN tab and click Add. The Create New Data Source window will display.
- IF you do not see the drive named "SQL Server Native Client 10.0" in the list of known drivers download and install the appropriate version of the "Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Native Client" driver from the appropriate link below:
For 32 bit machines:
- X86 Package (sqlncli.msi): http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=123717&clcid=0x409
For 64 bit machines:
- X64 Package (sqlncli.msi): http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=123718&clcid=0x409
else click Cancel, close the ODBC Data Source Administrator window, and skip to step 4.
Now that the SQL Server Native Client 10.0 drive has been verified to be present on the workstation/server in question please perform the following steps:
- Download, unzip, and copy the HostedClientMigration.exe into your Relais ROOT directory from the following url: http://www.relais-intl.com/Download/HostedMoveUtils/Relais Migration-ODBC Util.zip
e.g. c:\RelaisILL or c:\RelaisILL2010
- Double click on the HostedClientMigration.exe to start the ODBC configuration process. The Relais Hosted Client Migration screen will display
If you get the following screen the HostedClientMigration.exe was not extracted to your ROOT Relais folder.
Unzip, and copy the HostedClientMigration.exe into your Relais root directory and repeat step 2.
- Click Start. The application will perform the following
- Read the existing Relais.INI file found in the root directory to identify client credentials.
- Connect to the associated Relais database defined within the Relais.INI found in the root directory to determine your associated library symbol. The following window will display:
- Click No. The following screen will display asking that you enter your Library Symbol.
Overwrite the displayed library symbol (YALE) with BD
- Click OK. The utility will then perform the following:
- Retrieve the library symbol.
- Back up the existing Relais.INI
- Create the new ODBC DSN entry.
- Test the new ODBC DSN entry.
- Write the new database settings to the Relais.INI file.
- Open a new Relais Migration window indicating that the Hosted Client Migration to the new server was Successful:
- From the Relais Migration window click OK.
- From the Relais Hosted Client Migration window click Exit. Congratulations. Your ODBC settings required when your system is migrated to the Hosted Server has been created and validated on the workstation in question.