Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

4/18/2018

Notes at: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14X5HXa2BpBgZZn-e-bEE9ZhWR32GYmR2uD7FvUchaHk/edit

 

4/4/2018

Notes at: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pcIpKpL0ZuIoVFFVVyt_fxlIZxJVKdwdXcSrM1wqTFg/edit?usp=sharing

 

3/7/2018

Notes at: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MfPqBhWcDlX6yvH69VMKhBLjs5KET021Q80HL_LJ3D4/edit

 

2/21/18

 

Attending: 

 

Notes at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VOBrGPiZx7tupzYXjJ_CoBuHrA0tVeHaJOo4wmT2HnE/edit?usp=sharing


2/6/18

Attending: 

Notes at https://docs.google.com/document/d/16rnROqOPFbcJymRdlOFIARQ5gOnTVLZ63H2zL-UZSH0/edit?usp=sharing


1/24/18

Attending: David, Marc, Christine, Randy, Scott, Michelle, Naun

Notes at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-uDpApZPEgc2GWIEeZ8P6cyZuY7AUDDjTnqpLIiW15E/edit?usp=sharing


1/23/18

Attending: Randy, David, Christine, Marc, Dan McCarey

Visualization checkin

Notes athttps://docs.google.com/document/d/1t5P9Y7VHY4k2JyYzWTI3hA-7vM4PQ4_4q3Lr3A_h4tQ/edit#


1/19/18

Attending: Randy, David, Christine, Marc, Dan McCarey

Visualization kickoff meeting

Notes at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sUHKa_OrjjuRtgNQRDnzExnDOjHOXBiiB9IFsaPUrgs/edit#


12/13/17

Attending: Randy, David, Christine, Marc, Scott, Naun, Michele, Robin

Notes at https://docs.google.com/document/d/17SxSW6axBkzX28cueeSPR0uCcUmfgVPo4OurDD0AvE8/edit


11/29/2017

Attending: Randy, David, Christine, Marc

  • Lib Congress LD4P meeting debrief
  • Work plan: LD4L Labs Harvard October-March work plan
    • finish work for converter
      • Dave needs final ontologies in Vitrolib - Christine will load MI ASAP, Marc is very close
      • labels - Dave is working on them
      • Load all data into VL triplestore and assign lod.library.harvard.edu cname
        • Cornell has perl scripts for loading batches of 3000 or fewer triples
        • David will modify his code to count triples to create batch files of 3000 or fewer triples
        • David will work with Tim Elliot to customize the perl script to work for us
          • Tim will customize the script to point to desired input and output directories
          • Before and after each batch, Tim will exec a unix script (provided by Dave) to get # of triples in Vitrolib, and Tim will log batch file name, # before, # after.
          • We'll be happy if (#after minus #before) for each batch is within some percentage of 3000 (eg 10%)
    • Form for adding authority links
      • define desired form(s)
      • Create form
    • Plan visualization developer support
      • Define possible visualizations
        • Item detail, or search results?
      • Hand create one record
  •  hosting
  • Vitrolib Hosting
    • Need to decide a base URL when running converter for each destination server.
  • Need use cases for any Vitrolib custom form.
  • Geonames for both HFA and FGDC Converters. via concordances



11/1/2017

Attending: Randy, David, Robin, Christine, Marc, Scott

Regrets: 

  • Work plan: LD4L Labs Harvard October-March work plan
    • finish work for converter
      • Namespaces needed
        • class Custodial History
        • object property hasCustodialHistory
        • Moving Image – is this the same as "film" above?
        • Cartotek-o - is this the same as "geo" above?
        • Concordances - Christine to revise and finalize
      • final work on places - concordance for geonames
      • Load all data into VL triplestore and assign lod.library.harvard.edu cname
    • Form for adding authority links
      • define desired form
      • Dave will meet with Huda on how to create a form using QA  for lcnames, geonames, lcsh (David)
      • Request Dave Eichman and Lynette to add ISNI (David)
      • Create form
    • Plan visualization developer support
  •  hosting
  • Vitrolib Hosting
    • Need to decide a base URL when running converter for each destination server.
  • Need use cases for any Vitrolib custom form.
  • Geonames for both HFA and FGDC Converters. via concordances
  • November LD4L meeting - https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/ld4lPLAN/Fourth+LD4L+Labs+All-Hands+Team+Meeting%3A+November+16-17%2C+2017+at+Cornell
    • add agenda items
  • next grant planning
  • LD4P issues


10/18/2017

Attending: Scott, David, Michelle, Naun, Christine, Robin

Regrets: Marc, Randy

 

10/04/2017

Attending: Christine, Marc, Naun, Robin, David, Randy, Michele


9/28/2017

Attending: Randy, Naun, Marc, Christine, David, Scott

Dev resources for remainder of LD4L Labs grant:

  • David

  • Michael Vandermillen (1 month) for HGL/librarycloud to publish Geo linked data

  • 3-4 weeks of someone else, preferably someone who knows about front end/javascript

Plan

Work orderSub projectTaskWhoStart dateEnd dateNotes
1Complete Geo and MI convertersComplete GeoDN, MM10/210/5 
  Complete MIDN, CFE10/610/19 
2Test/refine converterExport all FGDC records to BTekOMM 10/6 
  Export all HFA records to BTekODN 10/20 
  Check all FGDC recordsMM 10/15 
  Check all MI recordsCFE 11/1 
3Define reconciliation strategy MM, CFE, DN 10/15 
4Targeted Metadata for VisualizationsDefine specific entities in Geo BTekO and any elements once or twice removed to be used, with specific examplesMM, CFE 10/15 
  Define specific entities in MI BTekO and any elements once or twice removed to be used, with specific examplesMM, CFE 10/15 
  Define specific Vitrolib form to enter/refine these specific entitiesMM, CFE 10/15 
  Setup specific Geo and MI versions of Huda's Vitrolib    
  Program the Vitrolib form in Huda's new environmentDN 12/1 
5VisualizationDefine proposed visualizationsMM, CFE, DN 12/15 
  Prototype Visualization (stand alone)DN, TBD 1/31/18 
  Refined Visualization (stand alone)DN, TBD 2/15/18 
  Visualization integrated into a demonstration Spotlight collection with small number of recordsDN, TBD 3/15/18 
6Production conversion workflowHGL data ingested into LibraryCloudMV1/2/181/31/18 
  HGL data converted and exported as BTekO RDFMV, DN 2/15/18 
  HGL data cronned to import into VitroLibDN 2/15/18 
7LDNDefine specific entities in Geo metadata which should notify MI of changesMM, CFE 11/1 
  Build LDN tool and integrate with both Vitrolib instances to export notificationsSC 12/15 
  Build LDN tool and integrate with MI Vitrolib instance to subscribe to and receive notificationsSC 12/15 
  Demonstrate working toolSC 1/15/18 
  Document the demonstration resultsSC 2/1/18 




9/20/2017

Attending: Randy, Naun, Marc, Christine, David, Scott, Robin

  1. Follow-on grant planning
    1.  Mellon Trustees are really interested in seeing library data linked & used with external data

      1. #1 = adoption (18 subgrants, creation workflow)

        §  want to see library data used on open web - eg, use library data in wikipedia

        §  [also want to see external data incorporated into library environments / services] - eg. use wikipedia data in library services

    2. Services
      1. sandbox editing environment
      2. a reconciliation component

      3. discovery system

    3. Key highlights from Christine, Marc, Steven, David brainstorming email:
      1. continue ontology development and related community engagement for the core ontology and domain extensions
      2. cataloging tools we can put to use in real workflows, with UIs that make sense to catalogers, and involve catalogers in this development process.
      3. connect the two operations so that conversion isn’t conceived of only as a large scale batch process,
      4. dataflow and data management requirements for production level data platforms
      5. extend what we’ve learned to non-archival moving image resources
      6. pursue Cartographic Materials LOD Production (including legacy MARC conversion). NOT geospatial
    4. Separable Harvard components vs Harvard-Cornell team?
    5. Strawman Harvard Proposal - 3 year grant
        1. work closely with Stanford and Cornell for year 1-3
          1. LDN pilot with partners
        2. cataloging services using newest Vitrolib customization capabilities
          1. work closely with UI designer and catalogers
          2. collaborate with partners to refine/extend ontologies as needed
            1. collaborate with Cornell, etc., on RareMat work
        3. Integrate converter with Vitrolib for copy cataloging
        4. Do not do reconciliation development locally (except integration with Vitrolb UI) - specify requirements for DaveE and Lynette
        5. Discovery tools integrated with Blacklight, GeoBlacklight and OpenGeoportal
          1. Need concepts for grant
          2. Spatial search tool - "Like GeoHollis based on linked data"
            http://sanger.hul.harvard.edu:8080/geohollis/index.jsp 
          3. On Harvard's nickel, integrate MI linked data services with Primo and HFA
        6. Fully in production by year 3 at multiple partners
          1. workflows, cataloger training, infrastructure deployed in production (triple store, Vitrolb,etc)
  2. Current grant completion planning
    1. what does success look like for the remainder of this grant?  Need a working meeting.
    2. Geospatial coordination with Stanford – Need an action plan
  3. Geo converter update
    1. Geonames converter issue - David
  4. MI converter update 
  5. Vitrolib
  6. HFA - discussions
  7. LDN/Sarven



8/30/2017

Attending: Randy, Robin, Naun, Marc, Christine, Michelle, David, Scott

  1. Geospatial coordination with Stanford
    1. Need to document uses cases on the wiki - Linked Data Visualization
    2. Notes from meeting - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-OftMsVGKkkRubmtl3_KuDIMQzpnMtS7OaGtZCs6Zbg/edit?usp=sharing
    3. what does success look like for the remainder of this grant?

      • Stanford crossswalks (ArcGIS stylesheet) their ISO to FGDC (via OpenGeoMetadata repository) for demo integration and conversion by Harvard converter

      • Some or all of Harvard and Stanford records, combined, loaded into a Spotlight instance (or GeoBacklight)

      • LD visualization tool that plugs into Spotlight and leverages eg. geometry, eg. for heatmap

      • Extensibility to next grant / dcat and opengeometadat?

    4. Need an action plan (randy)
  2. Geo converter update
    1. minor update
    2. WIP on concordance for placenames
    3. Will get full FGDC dump from HGL to test
  3. MI converter update
    • what does success look like for the remainder of this grant?

      • Stanford crossswalks (ArcGIS stylesheet) their ISO to FGDC (via OpenGeoMetadata repository) for demo integration and conversion by Harvard converter

      • Some or all of Harvard and Stanford records, combined, loaded into a Spotlight instance

      • LD visualization tool that plugs into Spotlight and leverages eg. geometry, eg. for heatmap

      • Extensibility to next grant / dcat and opengeometadat?

    1. added conversions for director roles and is extending it to other roles
    2. collections -> minting URIs that appear in other records - DN will do quick solution based on caching strings and URIs
    3. After collections work, will do conversion of entire DB to see what results look like
  4. Vitrolib
    1. most recent Vitrolib installed on Stanley
    2. planning evaluation with metadata creation staff in early September
    3. next linked data discussion group meeting will include introduction to our application profiles and Vitrolib
    4. Will send Huda mockups of several proposed new MI forms
    5. demo of CEDAR (comes from BioPortal world) - form building tool, can implement RDA rules for form fields
    6. Kim@Stanford is building a geospatial form to test CEDAR out
  5. HFA - discussions
    1. use cases for web site, but no local funding
    2. needed soon for incorporation into next grant proposal
    3. Target for use cases by end of September
    4. Some of these questions are research questions that cut across collection types - not just MI
  6. LDN/Sarven
    1. nothing new
    2. action items for us to refine use cases
    3. Randy to arrange Chip demo of LDN for IIIF
  7. Status of follow-on grant
    1. Potential acceleration of visualization mockups?


8/16/2017

Attending: Christine, Michelle, Naun, Robin, Randy, Scott

  1. Geospatial coordination with Stanford
    1. Meeting today
    2. Harvard is just beginning to document uses case and technologies on the wiki - Linked Data Visualization
    3. Will discuss geo-metadata elements to support visualizations
    4. What form will visualizations take? Spotlight or GeoBlacklight javascript plug-in?
    5. discussion of DCAT as a geo metadata serialization - Stanford converting from ISO to DCAT
    6. discussion of keeping OpenGeoMetadata up to date with both Harvard and Stanford data
  2. Potential acceleration of visualization mockups
  3. Geo converter update
    1. no changes
  4. MI converter update
    1. moving along as planned
  5. Vitrolib
    1. most recent Vitrolib installed on Stanley
    2. planning evaluation with metadata creation staff in early September
    3. next linked data discussion group meeting will include introduction to our application profiles and Vitrolib
  6. HFA - discussions
  7. LDN/Sarven
    1. LTS/Chip will demo LDN application in IIIF to LD4L/Harvard team
  8. Status of follow-on grant
    1. Preliminary meeting with Harvard and Cornell some time soon - Scott to schedule
    2. Sept 7th preliminary meeting with PIs and Mellon
    3. Would like to pursue more external focus with communities in next grant - relations to search engines and communities



8/9/2017

Attending: Marc, David, Christine, Michelle, Scott, Randy

  1. Geospatial coordination with Stanford
    1. geo-metadata elements to support visualizations
    2. What form will visualizations take? Spotlight or GeoBlacklight plug-in?
    3. discussion of DCAT as a geo metadata serialization - Stanford converting from ISO to DCAT
    4. discussion of keeping OpenGeoMetadata up to date with both Harvard and Stanford data
  2. Potential acceleration of visualization mockups
    1. Potentially get UI design help sooner
  3. Geo converter update
    1. New concordance URIs added
    2. No more to do right now until GeoNames thought through
  4. MI converter update
    1. 6 of 20 planned fields being processed now, including a complex field like "genre"
  5. Status of follow on grant
    1. Preliminary proposal submitted
    2. Sept 7th preliminary meeting


7/11/2017

Attending: Scott, Marc, David, Steven, Naun, Robin, Christine, Michelle

  1. Post Steven
    1. a replacement position is in process of being approved ( 3-6 months out)
    2. Steven will be available for ontology consulting
  2. Sarven update - Steven, Randy
    1. Lynnette, Dave E are doing QA and integration with Vitrolb, but not until Sept timeframe
    2. LDN can be Sarven focus. Use cases started. Readme for use cases. Starting to describe scenarios for technology needed to support the use cases.
    3. Side car set up for Vitrolib or Cedar, so any triple store can notify another of changes or usage
  3. MI converter update  - David, Christine
    1. Now have new XML export from FileMaker Pro - JDBC was not working well, so open source project has been used to do a table based XML export.
    2. Just about to start on converter portion
  4. Next grant planning status - Scott
    1. How to make our linked data real
      1. production of Cartographic (not geospatial - aligns with film, aligns with other groups better) and MI linked data
      2. publication
      3. infrastructure
    2. Big 4 meeting weekly now to get draft document to Mellon
    3. Leveraging proposal work that our team put together
  5. How to get linked data infrastructure into the Library/LTS ITAG planning process
    1. Need a roadmap and architecture strategy
    2. A&D driven?
      1. integrating Vitrolibs MI sparql endpoint with the HFA web presence?
    3. How to involve more people in the library?
      1. Linked Data Discussion Group - Baker? Law?
      2. Alma linked data implementation group
    4. How  to continue to build LTS expertise?
      1. architecture options? How do we publish linked data with persistent URLs and scaleable access points (and LDN?)
      2. Publication


06/20/2017

Attending: Scott, Christine, Marc, David, Steven, Naun, Robin

  1. Reporting out from MI conversion kickoff: 
    1. Will start around July 15, since David is working on a DRS project
    2. We will backfill David's work with a UI developer to help with visualizations later in the LD4L project (before March 31, 2018)
    3. Christine pointed to locations of all documentation and initial test data
  2. Harvard Ontology Hosting Needs: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14IGedvoYreoTQBp6f5Ht4RArS1Qwa58Z13Wvp9iGSQ0/edit?usp=sharing
    1. Would like an instance of "Lode", similar to what Cornell deployed for https://bibliotek-o.org, installed on some host to host extension ontologies
    2. Why not share the Cornell instance?
      1. Due to the commitment it makes to ongoing maintenance and support.
    3. Needed by: end of summer, to publish ontology and model
  3. Vitrolib
    1. Catalogers for Huda's UI testing
      1. Christine will find cataloger testers at Harvard
    2. Agenda for Thursday: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bWiPNuzXAQmKxXwzpVWocwAz13uiAP0bs8zXiaFpA3k/edit
      1. meeting will go on unless Steven is still out sick
  4. Converter status
    1. only one element left that has not been modeled and added to the converterhttps://docs.google.com/document/d/1w5fRYT4jQdAgv4eJDKzjBm9EOUqxpL77NmaI4mnHQKA/edit#heading=h.vithr8wt4z3h
    2. Marc will work with Steven to complete this modeling before Steven departs for Cornell - however we will still be able to collaborate with Steven on LD4L projects while he is at Cornell working on LD4L
  5. Discussion is happening about mapping BF2>Bibliotek-O, and Bibliotek-O>BF2. What is lossy, what is not? Also marc>BF2>marc  vs marc>Bibliotek-O>marc?  And how to these mappings related to use cases, and where does any lossyness occur?
    1. Geo and MI are based on Bibliotek-O.



06/07/2017

Attending:

  1. Staffing
    1. Balancing David's time with FITS
    2. UI dev personnel, hiring/onboarding in time to get the work done
  2. Harvard Ontology Hosting Needs: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14IGedvoYreoTQBp6f5Ht4RArS1Qwa58Z13Wvp9iGSQ0/edit?usp=sharing


05/10/2017

Attending: Randy, Steven, Scott, Marc, David, Michelle, Naun

  1. Steven plan
    1. post and organize calls with Sarven - Randy
    2. Continue on core ontology work, from Cornell - Steven
    3. continued consulting resource for Marc and Christine - Steven
    4. gap - guidance to David on technical implementation of model
    5. gap - Ex Libris linked data group leadership
      1. communicate lessons learned in LD4L Labs to ExL
      2. Must schedule one more meeting on transition with ExL before mid July
        1. Need to give ontology feedback in small chunks and get resolution on mappings
      3. Alma linked data working group
  2. Core ontology
    1. concise description of Bibliotek-O - purpose, why not BF2, deviation or alternative?, where does it differ, what have we evaluated so far
    2. How to map/convert from Bibliotek-O to BF2 to Schema.org, etc.
  3. Sarven update
    1. New contract signed, library has approved through 9/30/17
    2. Working on updating SOW to be as practical as possible in extending Questioning Authority work of Lynette's
  4. Geo forms for VitroLib
    1. Randy to call meeting
  5. Kickoff meeting for Moving Image
    1. - reschedule to June after June 12
  6. Next grant planning
    1. We will all send input to Scott and whole group by June 7
    2. Must have some production proof, with entity resolution
    3. Must have some end user proof as well
    4. How will all the partners expose interoperable linked data?
      1. rdf-xml file
      2. solr index?
      3. LDF?
      4. or ??
      5. Namespaces for URIs?
  7. Jira



05/10/2017

Attending: Randy

  1. Review funding for travel
  2. Take aways from April meeting that impact Harvard work
    1. Action: review touch points between Harvard and Stanford Geospatial BF work flows (Randy) 
    2. Action: Paper on ontology decisions ("deviations") vs BF2? (Jason, Steven?)
    3. Action: Chalet group (Christine) 
  3. August FOSS4G workshop or standing up GeoBlacklight.
    1. Send David Neiman in addition to David Siegel
  4. Follow-on grant process.
    1. PI meeting yeilded likely themes for next proposal
    2. Retreat to look at what cataloging could be if you catalog in LD
    3. Schedule an hour meeting to discuss (Randy); see notes below from 4/12/2017 and https://docs.google.com/a/stanford.edu/document/d/1fBkov5z5PILnDypp5p9ZjaZSaL2p5tUh8sgg83_hv6Q/edit?usp=sharing
  5. Sarven update
    1. Notes from Friday 4/28 session at Stanford - https://docs.google.com/document/d/168JnM8QlqP1FzppSEU8XWmD42-yJ85fvn-U2tYC3CeM/edit?usp=sharing
    2. Analysis of why an authority lookup client (eg Questioning Authority) needs to be more intelligent in its query to an LDF store
    3. What authorities do we need beyond FAST?
      1. Geonames
      2. id.loc.gov/?? genres?
      3. ISNI
      1. Start of Identified Data Sources
      2. Look-up Use Cases
  6. Converter status
    1. Harvard FGDC Converter project plan
  7. JIRA review

04/12/2017

Attending: Randy, Scott, Michelle, Christine, David, Steven, Marc, Naun

  1. Quick updates on status and next steps
    1. LD4L ontology
      1. status: Ontology work scoped for LD4L/LD4P is complete. Decided on new namespace: BIBX. Removes LD4L/LD4P confusion. Christine, Rebecca, Steven created/cleaned up BIBX ontology files, made ontology files displayable in html, Javed and Steven are planning further documentation, including images and description of ontology.
      2. next steps: communicate, get feedback, plan identified future work
    2. Geo ontology
      1. status: Thus far, have focused on 6 areas for cartographic extension to support use cases.  Draft ontology created for all 6 areas. Most progress on spatial extent and projection now. Created minimal fgdc->BIBFRAME converter test cases.
      2. next steps: Extend work to remaining 4 areas. Update ontology files. Update converter test cases. Write application profile.
    3. MI ontology
      1. status: Pattern docs created for types of moving image resources, extending BIBX activities model, modeling physical details (durations, defects, sound, color, relationships between works and expressions, item history) Initial ontology file with extension terms. Starting on MI–>BIBFRAME converter test files.
      2. next steps: Finish docs and converter files. Update ontology files. Update converter test cases. Write application profile.
    4. Vitrolib  forms
      1. status: Harvard onboarding on Vitrolib software architecture. Geometry form for VitroLib created and deployed to Harvard VitroLib instance. Annotation form prototype.
      2. next steps: Perform user testing in the fall. Based on user testing, create additional forms in parallel with converter work on FGDC and MI extensions.
    5. FGDC converter
      1. status: created detailed development plan for initial converter work. Collaborating with Rebecca on evaluation and extension of core converter. Have submitted pull requests to core converter project to support extensions.
      2. next steps: Complete converter for scoped FGDC fields by end of June (at least the base fields plus spatial extent)
    6. MI converter
      1. status: Installed filemaker DB and loaded cloned MI metadata from Harvard Film Archive. Developing test cases, concordance files (element to URI mappings) and sample ttl output files.
      2. next steps: Work planned subsequent to FGDC converter. Create work plan, and decide which fields are in scope by end of June. Complete converter for scoped MI fields by end of September.
  2. Prep for April meetings
    1. Confirmation of who is going and which days
      1. Steven and Scott (Monday- Friday), Randy (Wed,Th), Christine, David (Wed,Th, Fri Am), Marc calling in for parts (when needed).
    2. Reports
      1. Gather reports from the ld4p.org documentation, we need two paragraphs for the ld4p grant.
    3. Presentations/Other participation
      1. General
        1. Where is everyone's data going?
        2. How do we sharing?
      2. Steven
        1. Pres- Ontology Topic Area
        2. Pres- Lightning talk on Training/Staffing
        3. Partner Debrief on Ontology Topic Area
      3. Randy
        1. Communicate converter dependencies
        2. Discuss whether Stanford has a dependency on our FGDC converter
          1. Goals for collaboration?
        3. Discuss relationship between Sarven and Lynette's work.
        4. Discuss visualization plans
      4. David
        1. New Custom Form Framework, Process for custom forms, what's in VitroLib, what is a local custom form?
          1. We aren't sure how much we'll be able to devote to this.
        2. Geometry Custom Form
        3. Summary Annotation
    4. Other
  3. Concepts for next grant
    1. What is in the first grant that we want to explore more?
    2. Continue domain work? (Ontologists/Domain experts, FTE)
      1. Invest enough to get communities to house the work
        1. Don't want dying on the vine
        2. Want domain experts written in the grant
        3. Recipe/kit for handing over ontologies to communities.
    3. Cataloging in linked data (Catalogers and LOD People)
    4. Ex Libris seems like they will be building basic Marc tools following BF2, but not necessarily in an extensible manner for special collections, so a continued focus in those areas seems appropriate
    5. automated or human assisted entity resolution still needs lots of work
      1. Targeted recon to meet specific use cases
      2. Possibly partner with CS dept.
    6. tie ins to IIIF and other web annotation ontologies and tools would be valuable.
    7. Copy cataloging linked data (reusing/linking to other data)
      1. Linked Data Notifications
    8. Digital Libraries
      1. Leveraging data in the new platform
    9. Vertical Areas
      1. Special Collections
        1. Nuremberg?
      2. Zines?
        1. Has it's own concerns
      3. Serials
        1. Identified as future work
    10. Richard Wolfe
      1. Annotations of different sections of music
      2. EAD for this, with component level
    11. Mapping from Onix to BF2/BIBX
    12. Discovery/Visualization in Primo and other real environments
      1. Related to the Digital Libraries bullet above
    13. Training
      1. Metadata/Modeling
      2. Developer on-boarding, context with the wider semantic web meeting.



04/06/2017

Attending: Randy, Scott, Michelle, Christine, David, Steven, (maybe Marc)

  1. Updates
    1. LD4L/LD4P Ontology Meeting Princeton (Christine, Marc, Steven)
      1. LD4P Y1 grant reporting will pull from ontology documentation we're sharing for the April meeting.
        1. Decided on places to document extension modeling work and monthly process to evaluate whether there is overlap between the extensions.
        2. Future work identified
      2. Randy- Asked for a presentation on LD4L/LD4P divergences to BF2.
        1. Jason and Steven will have something similar available in the April Community meeting Ontology Topic Area.
    2. LDCX (Randy)
      1. “Questioning Authority” (https://github.com/projecthydra-labs/questioning_authority ) is a ruby project that can be run as a stand alone service to look up authority terms. Lynette has been extending it to handle FAST lookups among others, and at the same time Tom Johnson has built an LDF cache that underlies QA.
         
        Lynette plans to deploy this as a service (not just integrated with hydra, which is where she has currently done UI work, to provide things like drop down lists of authority term options). She plans to make the service available to VitroLib.
         
        See more notes here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sYmx7wMb464pErkASJp6uP0w2x4SRvQX5RlIG38Gkrk/edit, and here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yr7dIlKzWmaVLf-2easbaQvY5UF8tf0_ylr8RIKWprY/edit
    3. Other?
  2. Spatial Extent Form
  3. FGDC Converter status
    1. Harvard FGDC Converter project plan
    2. David checkin with Rebecca tomorrow
    3. Status of FGDC mappings for non-marc equivalent fields
  4. LD4L Updates for the April Meeting/Y1 Grant Reporting
  5. Sarven's contract/work
  6. JIRA

3/15/2017

Attending:

  1. April Community Meeting, What/how do we want to share what we've been up to with the community? (Phil wants whatever each project contributes to be useful for the 1st year report. (Couple paragraphs with links.)
    1. MI
    2. Geo
    3. Technology
      1. No discussion yet
      2. Most of the work between now and then will be converter work
      3. Can share what has been done on Custom Forms.
        1. Spatial Extent mock up, suggesting how developers can engage
        2. Sarven look-ups
  2. Review April Partner Meeting
  3. Princeton Ontology Meeting
    1. What do we want to share/bring up?
      1. BF ontology versioning
    2. Outputs for and from this meeting will be useful for the Community Meeting
      1. Use cases
      2. Discussion Papers (readable)
      3. Any data created
    3. Roadtrip on the way back for sure.
  4. Updates
    1. Roadblocks (besides meetings)
      1. David still waiting on a base converter
        1. Couple days behind, but soon
        2. In the meantime working on custom forms
          1. Old the old route until
      2. Marc- a bump in the road is the BF update, overall positive, but we have to update files/docs.
      3. Christine- need to decide how to communicate the BF updates.
        1. Need to freeze/version at a certain point
    2. Celebrations/Milestones
      1. Christine (and Steven)
        1. Ontology "sprint"
          1. 6+ discussion papers in the works
          2. Ontology file for extension
          3. Grounded in the FMP data
        2. Core Ontology Files
          1. Comfort level adding to GitHub
          2. Adding terms from RDA
      2. Marc
        1. Mapping work
          1. FGDC (starting with a minimal record and building out to extension work)
            1. Core- Title/Identifier
            2. Core plus one extension
            3. Aggregate file of everything
      3. David
        1. In touch with Huda and Jim
      4. Steven (Sarven)
        1. Depending on Huda's work, Sarven will build out the rest of the functionality
        2. Good work done in VIVO to provide look ups to multiple
      5. Steven
        1. Working on Domain extensions
        2. Adding terms to the core ontology
        3. Planning the various meeting in April

  5. Alma Linked Data Working Group
    1. Meeting next week
      1. Focus will be on an update on the mapping work in LD4L
      2. Also want to establish timelines, roles, expectations
      3. Get info out to everyone beforehand. Prep those new to the work.
  6. JIRA


3/1/2017

Attending: all

  1. Sarven continuation
    1. proposal to extend for 6 months at current 8 hr/week rate
    2. Need to define work plan - vitro lookups, but then converter reconciliation too
  2. JIRA
  3. April meetings
    1. Geo discussions
      1. Marc to reply to geo thread from Tom Cramer
      2. Marc to plan organizing the LD4L Labs position on work competed by April meeting and work planned for year 2
      3. Need this all represented as part of our "pre-meeting report"
    2. MI -
  4. Dependencies
    1. Cornell Converter
      1. delays in availability
      2. Who will solve the reconciliation problem for external authorities?
        1. for core marc fields
        2. for extension fields (geo, MI) - Harvard
      3. Huda's tools for custom form creation, and external lookup code from Vivo
    2. Decision on use, or not, of Stanford validator
    3. geo ontology
      1. mapping file exists - enough to write converter - Marc and Christine
        1. core fields, referencing geo FGDC xpaths and MI DB fields, plus one extension concept (spatial extent)
      2. ontology for loading into Vitrolib? Marc
        1. needed for custom forms
        2. needed for loading converter output into the triple store and viewing the data
    4. Vitrolib
      1. lookups
      2. custom forms - ui is not ideal for catalogers, what do we need to do to make it so
        1. David to use Huda's tools to include a lookup

 

 

2/23/2017

Attending:

  1. What we want out of the April meetings?
    1. Mon, Tues - Steven, Christine - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1J4_47L5j81Rwk3HuOMm0ZgfjfgjvAKFry5gHb8-8pL4/
      1. Ontology Development and Ontology Extensions
      2. Workflows, Procedures, & Moving LOD into Production
      3. Tooling and Services (infrastructure)
      4. Community adoption, Governance & Engagement
    2. Wed, Thurs - Steven, Christine, Randy, David, Scott - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_4vGIlTTPI8o4tR8St01L4FiESIdSQy6rEuERijUvvA/
      1. Workshop Feedback
      2. Next stage of grants planning
      3. Project Roadmaps + synchronizing of roadmaps, timeframes
      4. Discovery? what are groups planning for showcasing the linked data they produce?
    3. Friday - David/Rebecca/Josh - converter, validator
    4. What about geospatial discussions with Stanford? ontology, converter, validator, LD4L tracer bullets
  2. Jira review
    1. FGDC Converter status
    2. Vitro status
    3. FGDC Validator

Community Meeting:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1J4_47L5j81Rwk3HuOMm0ZgfjfgjvAKFry5gHb8-8pL4/

Partner Meeting: Still a rough agenda, with the idea of having Wed-Thurs for topics that involve all of LD4L-Labs and LD4P in a large group meeting, and a half day Friday for in-person smaller group working meetings on specific topics. Your feedback especially needed on how best to use Friday time.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_4vGIlTTPI8o4tR8St01L4FiESIdSQy6rEuERijUvvA/

2/15/2017

Attending: Steven, Randy, Marc, Christine, David

  1. What we want out of April meetings?
    1. Update from Randy on yesterday's call.
      1. https://docs.google.com/document/d/18QGoVwkvGzjRm9YazPMtZXb_Gs2sPVj9RhOdl9FfeqQ/edit?ts=58a39855#heading=h.35opyn48p8vr
      • --Ray/Christina: to finish Google doc draft of Mon/Tues invitational meeting agenda by this Friday 2/17 and share with this group for additions/comments

        --Christina (and Ray?): to finish Google doc draft of LD4all partner meetings by this Friday 2/17 and share with this group for additions/comments

        --Michelle to clean up and distribute both agendas to LD4all for review before the Tuesday 2/21 all-hands meeting

        --Michelle to ask LD4all to think about what kind of in-person small-group work they would want to use the last day of that week for and to bring those ideas to Tuesday 2/21 all-hands

        --at Tuesday 2/21 all-hands we will finalize agenda, including:

        Community Meeting:

        -----whom to invite to give lightning or longer talks

        -----subtopics for facilitated discussions on each of the 4 major topics

        LD4All Meeting:

        -----what working groups to have that Friday

        -----schedule for those working groups

    2. Invitational (Steve's ideas, to be edited)
      1. Feedback on work
      2. Ontology hosting discussion
      3. Ontology community/know-how scaling
      4. Conversation about data publishing for consumers
      5. How we want others to publish their data, service level access.
      6. How they want us to publish our data, provide service level access.
    3. Working Meetings
      1. Prepare project reports/timeline to share with whole group at least a week before meeting
  2. Other


2/1/17

Attending: Steven, Christine, Marc, Robin, Randy, Scott, David

  1. Retrospective
    1. need to limit meetings so work can get done
    2. ALA took time over past period
    3. need architecture diagram for Vitro/LDF - whiteboard sketch from meeting, assertions in triple store will link to LDF store
  2. Next Stanford meetings
    1. International/community input meeting is Mon-Tues April 24-25, LD4L/P is Wed-Fri April 26-28
    2. Tentatively
      1. International/community input meeting - Steven, Sarven?, Christine (3 people funded)
      2. LD4L/P meeting - Randy, Steven, Scott, David (for converter/vitro discussions) for Christine (for ontology discussions)? (4 people funded)
  3. Ontology extension meeting
    1. Princeton? here? Michelle is planning. First week in April? - Steven, Marc, Christine, plus?
  4. LD4L ALA meeting
    1. will start to plan future grants after March 1 year report
  5. Roadmap review
    1. When do we shift to converter focus? - end of February
  6. Dave Neiman - form demo
  7. Sarven update
    1. Not putting in expected number of hours (We can make up these hours before April if there's work and/or possibly move the hours over to after April.)
    2. we all had a conflict for this week's checkin
    3. SF- looking for ways to collaborate more/provide clear direction - focused now on FAST into a LDF server.
    4. still needs access to Vitro server
    5. Want interface to the LDF service to be compatible with VIVO lookups that Huda is adding to Vitrolib, so type ahead, etc, works
  8. JIRA


1/18/17

Attending:

  1. What (if anything) do we want to bring up at the LD4P ALA meeting on Monday?
    1. For those who are interested, but won’t be there, I believe we heard yesterday that Stanford will try to provision for call-in participation if the room will allow for it.
    2. Agenda so far:
      1. Next phase of LD4P: interest in participating, focus of next phase (dedicated production work using ontology extensions to kick their tires, ...)
        1. Yes, we have an interest in Phase 2!
        2. Roadmap for involving catalogers? What are prerequisites in LD4L Labs development? What is the minimal set of Vitro forms to get started getting feedback?
      2. More specific plans for April invitational meeting
      3. Will create spreadsheet of custom forms to identify list of needed custom forms, mapping to application profile field IDs.  This will provide an overview of the development work to be done. And which forms will be provided by the core Cornell VitroLib forms?
  2. Re: VitroLib calls, sounded like Simeon was advocating that we focus on Ontology documentation before getting too into VitroLib work.
    1. IMO, he’s right, but how do we want to line work VitroLib up for David?
  3. Early plans to share our data (Phil mentioned wanting to discuss this soon):
    1. Linked Data? We expect to host our converted data in the Vitro triple store. Will we make a SPARQL endpoint available? (tbd)
    2. Data Dumps? Also provide RDF XML dumps.
    1. LDF?  ?
  4. Jira Issues


1/4/2017

Attending:

  1. Retrospective
    1. will use the google doc template for specifying Vitro form requirements
    2. Need to review our overall plan and our 3 hour planning meeting
  2. marc->BIBFRAME converters
    1. Casalini ALIADA (developing on own as a product/service extending an open source project, LC-BIBFRAME target), LC (contractor Index Data/EBSCO LC-BIBRAME target), LD4L (Cornell, LD4L Labs-BIBFRAME target, plug-in architecture), EXLibris - (service for their customers, marc–>BIBFRAME "standard")
    2. Comparison plan?
      1. Casalini Phase 2 - do we want to participate ($$), decision by end of January. Would like to communicate our direction to Casalini, and why.
      2. ExLibris - RDA compatible requirement?
  3. Converter requirements spreadsheet at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_R-3biVJCgQzsw_Ps1R1qleg_Zr23xtFBINiyfIMx3M/edit
    1. We'll plan to discuss these during our next converter call (2017-01-10 https://wiki.duraspace.org/x/WYLBB ).
    2. Discussions of these requirements before the call and also to add in requirements from Harvard. I suggest merging requirements from different institutions where possible -- there are columns to allow different priorities to be expressed, and comments can point out possible differences of interpretation. I think it would be helpful to try to keep to the current set of "Category" labels which seem useful for grouping.
  4. Sarven
    1. SOW - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-Chy3Rye-QQTqyhDgxQFg3PcAxZcZ3qNsAEZk6F8FJo/edit#heading=h.dd8mhtdqt17g
      1. met with Huda to talk about lookups
      2. What from VIVO can be promoted into VitroLib? Don't want to duplicate what VIVO already has for vocabulary lookups. Steven setup call to ask Huda to prioritize lookups ahead of custom forms?
      3. FAST as first lookup candidate
      4. evaluating linked data fragments as the representtion
    2. Identifying Data Sets for Caching
    3. LDN Update
  5. Software needs- Free Trial of cardboardit.com runs out soon. We loose functionality that we would like to keep if moving to the free version.
    1. OK
  6. JIRA - sprint close/start


12/14/2016

Attending: Steven, Marc, David, Robin, Randy, Scott

  1. Retrospective
  2. ls.ext Oslo info   I give away all the secrets here: https://github.com/brinxmat/presentations/blob/master/2016/OPL-AP/OPL-AP.md
    Github: https://github.com/digibib/ls.ext
    Video on RDF cataloging client: vimeo.com/192831354
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MKvj4JD3yk

    https://sok.deichman.no/services/work/w5471d966591e19ec3367ae20e2533381/
  3. Generic story tasks for adding new form to Vitro
    Cardboardit workflow example: https://app.cardboardit.com/maps/21218#/v7:0:8/s1018041/l:033
    1. Application Profile for Harvard: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HF-TO5ANQHF9vHUweRXq1hZ7mWXsYLpM-a7sCTN4R0Y/edit#gid=0
    2. Define user flow
      1. Use Cardboardit
      2. Where in the workflow is this form used?
      3. Specify UI fields, could include mockup if needed - Marc or Christine
      4. Specify functional requirements for each field, including any required entity lookups - Marc or Christine
      5. What classes are being referenced as part of the input
      6. Specify required RDF output for the form - Marc or Christine
    3. Develop code for form - David
    4. Test and approve form - Mark of Christine
  4. Sarven
    1. SOW - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-Chy3Rye-QQTqyhDgxQFg3PcAxZcZ3qNsAEZk6F8FJo/edit#heading=h.dd8mhtdqt17g
  5. JIRA - sprint close/start


12/02/2016

Attending: Steven, Marc, Christine, David, Randy, Michelle

  1. How are we performing our work?
    1. Can our all hands meeting serve as a "Retrospective"? What working, what's not, changes?
      1. yes, will put on every week's agenda
    2. How do we stand up the next sprint?
      1. make sure the backlog is prioritized BEFORE we come to the biweekly meeting
      2. discuss new stories and priorities in working meetings
    3. Should we have a meeting to create/curate the backlog? Maybe this is quarterly. Often we're creating JIRA issues for what we did, rather than first asking what do we need to do.
      1. Randy will set up a roadmap meeting for early January
    4. daily checkins - give it a try on slack - what did I do yesterday, what will I do today, is anything blocking me?
  2. Prioritization of FMP Engineering Work
    1. Discuss licensing, if it's a need, if not was is the programmatic access solution
    2. Discuss timeline ramifications of a 30-day trial.
      1. David now has read access to HFA filemaker database
      2. Define MI FileMaker data extraction plan by 1/1/17
  3. Extension Ontology Meeting
    1. What resources are available for organizing and logistics?
      1. Steven will work with Michelle and Scott to plan
  4. JIRA sprint end/start

11/9/2016
Attending:  all but Robin

  1. Strategize for Cornell/DC meetings (15 min.)
    slide deck outline for Harvard updates: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AvCEQEJ9Eo9Fpt3dJNWZuLAfDP7ixRyaBVdrHsj-evk/edit?usp=sharing
    1. LD4L agenda: https://wiki.duraspace.org/x/e4GoB
    2. LD4P agenda: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Qzg_wRkr2DFMXT16_veTPyT-MfJc0b4UM9LHeq-axtg/
  2. Review library cloud architecture (15 min.)
    1. define source data for conversion
      1. not MODS
      2. Randy will update project timeline to move library cloud integration from January to later
    2. determine whether rdf data will be added to library cloud
      1. no, it will be published out to Vitro triplestore
  3. Review the systems and communication strategies we have in place here at Harvard as well as within the broader community (25 min.)
    1. Weekly Tuesday meeting at 625: Steven, Christine, Marc, David
      1. includes update of JIRA status and creation of agenda prior to Harvard all-hands meeting
    2. Biweekly Wed Harvard all-hands meeting at 90 Mt Auburn
    3. Biweekly geo working group meeting
    4. Weekly converter calls with Cornell and Stanford
    5. Weekly Friday ontology meeting with Cornell and Stanford
    6. Tuesday ontology subgroup meetings
    7. Ad-hoc meetings as needed
  4. Review JIRA at Tuesday meetings henceforth (completed on Tuesday 11/8)
  5. Take stock of where we are with regard to project deliverables

10/26/2016
Attending:

  1. Review Jira
  2. Take stock of where we are with regard to project deliverables
    1. Review the roadmap on the wiki
  3. Review the systems and communication strategies we have in place here at Harvard as well as within the broader community
  4. Collecting Converter Use Cases: https://docs.google.com/a/stanford.edu/document/d/12E5a3SmdQfZ56Pc6OFuI8Z52q3cm4wre3w_enGfZLUU/edit?usp=sharin
  5. Also see Harvard technical converter use cases

10/14/16 meeting

Attending: Scott, Randy, Robin, Michael

  1. We reviewed the newly added development time line strawman on the wiki. We need to review this again in light of the amount of time left to compete grant work when the whole team is available.
  2. We discussed doing the work as a more iterative approach, in which we implement portions of the ontology, Vitro forms, and converter incrementally so that we can show real progress and identify issues sooner.
  3. A webex meeting with Cornell is planned for 10/15 to discuss collaboration. Harvard would like to leverage the core Vitro, and core BIBFRAME converter and just extend it as needed for Geo and MI. Dave will need to assure that the Cornell developed converter architecture and code can be re-used by us straightforwardly
    1. Notes from the Harvard Cornell meeting: https://wiki.duraspace.org/x/aJaoB
  4. One way to simplify our work might be to use MODS as an intermediate format. MODS is much closer to Marc, and conceivably more of the MARC–>BIBFRAME converter can be used on an element by element basis.
    1. FGDC-->MARC–>MODS is available now in virtual collections (albeit 12 years old...)
      i. Stanford has a FGDC to MODS conversion that was developed for GeoBlacklight: https://github.com/geoblacklight/geoblacklight-schema/blob/master/lib/xslt/fgdc2mods.xsl 
    2. Need to pull data from MI database anyway, might as well put it into MODS
    3. New GEO or MI data could go into MODS extensions
    4. Then do MODS–>BIBFRAME
    5. This would also give us a path to load HGL data and HFA data into Library Cloud for use in digital collections

9/14/16 meeting

  1. Need to update our roadmap with clear deliverables
  2. Editing IS part of our goals, although lower in priority than conversion
  3. DaveN to attend upcoming Cartographic ontology planning meeting
  4. Meetings
    1. Cornell LD4L Labs - Nov 14, 15 - DaveN, Randy, Steven, Christine (Cornell funded)
    2. LD4P - LOC - Nov 17, 18 - Marc, Steven,  (Stanford funded?)
  5. Tuesday mornings - onboarding Dave at 625 meetings
  6. Sarven - pursuing with HUIT HR now
  7. JIRA



6/8/16 meeting

  1. Cataloger involvement


5/25/16

Attending: Scott, Christine, Marc, Steven, Randy, Robin

  1. Hiring developer
  2. Vitro
  3. Review of Stanford LD4L planning meeting
    1. Branding and communication - agreed there should be an umbrella term for the two grants, but needs more discussion about the term.
    2. Keep the "star" lists for now
    3. send out link to notes and whiteboard pic - RS
    4. Steven et al will continue to work with LC to include LD4L ontology alignment issues in BIBFRAME 2.0
    5. How ontologies for special projects relate to LD4L/BIBFRAME will not be known until we know more about these ontology requirements
    6. Technology
      1. New BIBFRAME converter will not be ready until year2, but interfaces will be defined sooner for thinking about integration
      2. No plan to scale triple store for Vitro to handle billions of triples. Harvard should use existing Vitro triple store for Geo and MI triples since they will not be a large set
      3. Library Cloud a potential framework for the LD4L BIBFRAME converter
    7. Visualizations - Iowa will take all the LD4L triples and see what they can do
  4. Converter plans after Stanford meeting

 




4/14/16

Attending: Scott, Christine, Marc, Steven, Michael, Randy

  1. Update from today's LD4L all hands call

    1. LD4L Labs press release update

    2. Status report on the LD4L deliverables: RDF plus demo search site

      1. ended up with 3 triple stores - 1 each for Cornell, Harvard, Stanford, 2.4B triples
    3. Wrapping up LD4Lv1 – wiki updates and final report (due June 30) - https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/ld4l/LD4L+Technical+Outputs

    4. Report on the recent LD4P meeting: joint communications and what they need from LD4L Labs

    5. Organizing for LD4L Labs: what should we focus on between now and our face-to-face meeting May 16-17 at Stanford?

  2. LD4P takeaways
    1. Initial focus on Vitro - need to set up AWS instance here and install Vitro
    2. Collaborative ontology development environment - Protege-client based, with GitHub to share the ontology
    3. Focus on new LD platform, not to map back into Marc - no BIBFRAME–>MARC converter
    4. Need to work with Ex Libris to figure out how this would work with Aleph or Alma
    5. Cartographic planning meeting to be planned for June before Marc goes out on leave
    6. Need tools for non-marc conversions - Karma - https://github.com/usc-isi-i2/Web-Karma/wiki? ISI tool? OpenRefine? Dswarm http://www.dswarm.org/en/? Is Rebecca's framework extensible/re-usable? Depending on our source data and how often we intend to convert from non-RDF to RDF, we may want to consult this list as a starting point: https://www.w3.org/wiki/ConverterToRdf. More recently there is this (specifically related to mapping from relational db’s): https://credible.i3s.unice.fr/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=credible-13-2-v1-rdb2rdf.pdf
  3. LD4L planning
    1. Developer req had been written, need to figure out how to fill the position
    2. Scott, Randy, Steven, and Christine attending May 16,17 all hands planning meeting at Stanford
    3. All hands LD4* phone meetings for a while until work clearly separated
    4. Need to add high level milestones to wiki roadmap
    5. will meet every two weeks, Wed at 9AM, Randy will set up JIRA project for tracking sprint to sprint plans
    6. Need to present to ITS, LTS, HL on what Harvard is doing - can base that on the IT Summit presentation that Steven and Randy are putting together

3/18/16

Attendees: Robin, Michelle, Marc, Scott, Christine, Steven, and Randy

Notes and action items

Agenda

  1. wiki
  2. upcoming meeting objectives
    1. LD4P Meeting 1 - 3/30/16 (Robin, Marc, Steven, Randy)
      1. scope - where does it makes sense for Harvard to contribute
      2. infrastructure - what will be in common across all institutions, and between LD4L Labs and LD4P
      3. On what schedule would infrastructure be deployed and interoperable - is there a dependency on LD4L Labs?
      4. what can Harvard rely on from funded project participants, and when
      5. what is the tracking and meeting schedule
      6. reporting expectations? Wiki contributions, what else?
      7. How are we defining cooperative cataloging in a linked data world? How do we share linked data?
      8. Common process for domain projects?
    2. LD4L Labs meeting - 5/16/16 (Scott, Randy, Steven, Christine)
      1. meet with finance to plan accounting and billing to Cornell
      2. Can new converter be extended to handle domain ontologies easily?
      3. Who is doing strings to things for base BIBRAME entities?
  3. start on work plan
    1. LD4L pre meeting and LD4P debrief - Randy will schedule week of April 11, 90 minutes
  4. decide on tools
  5. talk about funding
    1. Scott will set up Harvard financial reporting
  6. What is success
    1. demonstrating a path forward to a production environment
    2. useable infrastructure, some end user benefit demonstration
    3. source code open source supported for 5 years
    4. Plan for transitioning to Harvard Library funding and support
    5. Should define user roles, create user stories - As an X I want to do Y do that Z.
    6. community built
  7. set up email list
  • No labels