An admin category is a curator-assigned label, such as an exhibit name, project name, etc., that is used to classify a set of content. The admin category is designed for administrative use within Web Admin; e.g., you can use this category to retrieve a group of objects or files in a search.
In this release, admin categories are shared across all owner codes and all categories are visible to all users. If you need a category that applies only to your content, include a project or organization name to make it more specific (e.g., Houghton Theatrical Photographs).
Create a new admin category
- Click Wordshack on the main menu. Then click the Admin. Categories option on the Wordshack menu.
- Type your new category term in the search box. If no match is found, click the Create New button to open a New Admin Category Term form.
- Enter the category term in the Value field. You also have the option to add a note about the term in the Note field.
- For Authority, select a value from the drop-down or accept the default value "unspecified".
- Click Save New Term and the category will be created.
Add admin category relationships
Once you create an admin category, a Relationships form will appear. Use this form to relate one category to another category.
- Open the admin category term.
- Scroll down to the Relationships area.
- Select a Relation Type.
- Has earlier form relates the current term to an earlier form already defined in Wordshack.
- Has later form relates the current term to a later form already defined in Wordshack.
- Supersedes indicates that the current term should be used instead of another term already defined in Wordshack. Choosing this relation type will suppress the superseded term from displaying in auto-search results in Wordshack.
- Is superseded by indicates that the current term is superseded by another term already defined in Wordshack. Choosing this relation type will suppress the superseded term from displaying in auto-search results in Wordshack.
- Type all or part of the category term into the Select a related term auto-search box. A list of matching terms will display. Click a term to select it.
If no match is found, you will need to create an admin category term before completing this task.
- Click the Save Term-to-Term Relations button to create the relationship.