Welcome to the Alma documentation and training information section of the LTS Staff Documentation wiki. This page was last updated on December 6, 2018.
General Alma Information
- Production Alma for Harvard Key logins: https://hvd.alma.exlibrisgroup.com/CAS
- Production Alma for shared circulation desk logins https://hvd.alma.exlibrisgroup.com/mng/login
- Sandbox/training version of Alma: https://sandbox01-na.alma.exlibrisgroup.com/institution/01HVD_INST/CAS
For information about requesting and updating Alma logins (both production and sandbox), visit the Request an Alma Login or Login Update page. Managers should ask staff to watch the new Alma Overviews online course to learn Alma basics while requesting a login be created.
LTS Support Form
As you use Alma, if you have any questions about it - no matter how big or small - please also submit them via the LTS Alma Support Form at http://nrs.harvard.edu/urn-3:hul.ois:almasupport. By asking your questions, you're helping the LTS Support Staff learn how to help you use Alma, and they can forward questions on to the Alma technical teams as needed.
Information Sources for Alma
There are multiple Alma Communication and Update Sources, including:
- Notifications on the Alma Dashboard
- Alma Users Mailing List
- Alma Monthly Release Notes
- Harvard CC
Alma Training - December 2018 update
- Due to significantly reduced demand, we are no longer offering group training for Alma. Training will be provided via online videos and documentation from December 2018 - May 2019, until the long-term training materials are finalized by June 2019.
- Visit the Learning Alma - For Staff and Managers page for a list of all training materials in their suggested sequence. This list will be updated as additional materials are made available.
- Current staff are encouraged to review the new Alma Overviews online course and other training materials to refresh or refine their training.
- Managers are encouraged to work through training materials directly with staff as needed, using the training scripts and exercises available online.
- We are not currently using the Harvard Training Portal for training.
Form a Learning Circle! Many departments and local units are meeting in small Learning Circles to talk about Alma and its impact on their work. We encourage all staff to do this, and benefit from each other’s learning. Please see the Learning Circles page on the LTS wiki for more about running a successful peer discussion group: https://wiki.harvard.edu/confluence/x/_ZpTDQ
Documents on this wiki
Pages may still change significantly during this initial period, and updates will be made as new features and processes are introduced. Do not print out materials - pages will continue to change.
Guide to Alma Documentation Pages