General End-Processing Procedures
- Place items on "incoming" shelves by size.
Student workers and/or Robin:
- Create labels, tabs, and plates according to routing slip directions.
- Check labels, tabs, and plates for errors.
- Paste labels, tabs, and plates.
- Remove blotters from the materials, and place on the correct outgoing shelf.
- Wrap (if necessary), barcode, and label the outgoing items.
End-processing supervisor (Robin):
- Update the item records in Aleph, and finish any Aeon requests.
- Scan barcodes again to make sure they are functional.
- Pack HD items in grey bins and notify HD for pickup.
- Bring on-site items to appropriate stacks location for shelving.
(For reference books, special curatorial requests, circulating Poetry Room books, some serials, and other special requests.)
- Label routing slips "RUSH" and place items on the "RUSH" shelf at the top of bay 1.
Students workers and/or Robin:
- When making labels, always include items from the "RUSH" shelf first.
- Check and paste rush items immediately after finishing the batch. If this is not possible, give to the end processing supervisor before the end of your shift.
- After pasting, do not place on the drying shelves, but give directly to the end processing supervisor.
End processing supervisor (Robin):
- Edit item records, enter statistics, and deliver before the end of the day.